I just turned 30, that's a number I am struggling with. So, this year is going to be the defining year for me. The year I finally realize, that sitting on my butt worrying and complaining about the extra fat I carry around, isn't going to do anything but make me fatter and more depressed.
So, I decided to stop the vicious cycle, get up and start moving. I have reached that point in my life where getting healthy, losing weight, and feeling good is crucial. At this point, so many things in my life depend on it. Being happy about who I am not only in the mirror but having the confidence in myself that soo long ago disappeared. Not becoming a diabetic. Controlling my Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and ultimately being able to have more children. Not to mention being able to RUN and play with Lydia without feeling like I am going to die with in the first 30 seconds.
So, that being said, my husband and I recently purchased a heavy piece of workout equipment that we have actually been using. Although I refuse to "diet", I am being more mindful about what I put in my mouth and how much of it I stuff in there. The motivating moment for me was watching a marathon of the Biggest Loser a couple weeks ago. It sounds stupid, go ahead and laugh but I proceeded to go out and purchase a Biggest Loser scale and started tracking my weight.
Here it is, in one determined week I have lost 4.5 pounds. I shocked myself. But the proof is in the jeans people. It was like the begining of the rest of my life. A new me will eventually reveal itself out from under the suffocating fat rolls that now overcome my body. Disgusting, I know. But the truth isn't pretty.
And with this comes the accountability. Along with another awesome fat sufferer from my ward, I have formed a group of people that will meet every Wednesday and weigh in together. A support group if you will. Like fighting the fat together will totally make us stronger to hang in there. I know this all sounds cheesey but who the crap cares.
If anyone is interested in my personal progress I will be posting weekly pictures and weight lost. I need all the encouragment I can get.
And that's my life in a nutshell.
2 comments:
Go girl. This is exciting. If you ever start heading back on the path to fatdom, you let me know, I'll kick you right back the other way! Good luck.
Awe, Your the bestes friend EVER!!! Love ya!
Post a Comment